Thursday, April 28, 2011

I QUIT!

That's right people. I quit my job! I feel so good about it!! Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed my job...working with all of my assigned sports (Volleyball, Tennis, Swimming/diving, and Crew), the coaches were great, the athletic administrators were awesome, and everything. But, the crap that I got from the head athletic trainer and his side-kick...it was time to go.

I'm not going to get into details or anything because that would be unprofessional, but I feel great! I no longer have to go into work every day scared that I'll do something wrong, no more crying from stress and the things that my supervisors said to me, and no more bullshit (pardon my french). I'm so glad I quit, I don't think I could've handled it for another 3 months. I know that I'll miss my athletes dearly, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I know that wherever else I work, that it will be so much better. I have learned a lot from all the negative things here, and I'm better for it. If I'm ever in a supervising/managing position, I will not treat people how they treated me and my coworkers.

I quit at the perfect time too. I can move home and not have to worry about asking for time off to go home for mother's day, wedding dress shopping, for a family reunion in June, or my mom's 50th birthday bash! I really feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and I can't wait to move home!!

The best experience I had working here was getting to travel to Florida for the volleyball conference championship tournament. It was held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports (formerly known as the Disney Wide World of Sports). It was a great time! We got to go to the Disney Parks, I got to network with other Athletic Trainers, and it was just plain fun!


I've learned a lot from working here, and I'll miss all the great people I met and worked with...but it was just time to go.

Have you ever had a horrible work experience?
What was your best work experience?

1 comment:

  1. I once had a boss who used to take me to his office, shut the door, and yell at me.

    I think my best experience is now. I have the best boss in the world and I like everyone I work with and my work too.

    ReplyDelete