Thursday, April 21, 2011

Boston Funsies

We drove to Boston from Baltimore. It was an 8.5 hr drive. Josh and I are used to driving 7 hrs to come see each other between NC and Baltimore, so 8.5 wasn't that bad. It was cheaper than both of us flying. On Sunday, we picked up our bib numbers and went to brunch at the Top of the Hub restaurant. It was fancy.





















After brunch, we walked around the expo. It was a mad house!! There were so many people and booths and stuff. We didn't really stay for too long because neither of us like crowds. We walked around to see what their was and then got out of there.

a port-a-potty fitting room at the expo

Then we went to the finish line and took some pictures. 



Then there was the pre-race dinner. They had circus people entertaining us in the line for food. They had assigned times for us to go to the pre-race dinner to keep things organized. Josh and I had different times to go. I had 4:30p and he had 5p. We ended up getting there close to 6p. The people at the dinner never checked our ticket times to see when we were supposed to be there. I'm glad we were able to eat together. 

I don't like clowns. but this dude on stilts was cool
We ate dinner with a guy from California that had done 82 marathons and the 2011 Boston Marathon was going to be his 83rd!! The Boston Marathon was only my 2nd marathon. Him and his wife were really fun to talk to, and I guess I need to run some more marathons...

Before heading home, we stopped by Harvard and Fenway Park. My little brother is a big Boston Red Sox fan, so I made sure we stopped at Fenway to get some pictures just for him. 
 










There was so much stuff to see and do in Boston that we didn't get to. I wish we had been able to stay another day or 2 so that we could've seen more stuff. I'm sure we'll go again sometime.

And hopefully next time we come, my grandparents will be able to come too. They weren't able to come as planned this time because 2 weeks before the marathon, my grandpa had open-heart surgery to replace a valve in his heart. I know that they wanted to come to Boston for the marathon so bad, so we'll be sure to do it again sometime.

More on the actual marathon to follow soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment