Wednesday, April 20, 2011

on the finish line

Ok. I'm so excited that I can't even post about the Boston Marathon right now! Why can't I post about it? Because I'm ENGAGED!!! That's right! My boyfriend, Joshua Pinyan, is now my fiance! I know everyone is dying to know all the details, so here it is....

We were walking around at the finish line getting pictures the day before the marathon, since we figured we wouldn't be able to on race day. We had been walking around all day and we were late for the time we were supposed to arrive at the pre-race dinner (we had assigned times to go), and we didn't really know how to get to the place for the pre-race dinner. I was tired and starting to get a little cranky and was pushing Josh to ask someone where we were supposed to go.
Then he said he wanted to go back to the finish line before we went to the dinner beacuse he wanted to see something. I didn't know what he wanted to look at, but I figured it was just something about the professional runners that would be racing.
Once we got back to the finish line, he looked around and said something about how he didn't see whatever he was looking for. Then he took my hand and said (roughly, don't remember exactly because of all the excitement), "This is the finish line, but it could also be the start of something more." He got down on one knee, said something about me being his best friend, and proposed.
After some happy crying on my end, some hugs and kisses...We got someone to take our picture.

The person taking the picture for us asked if it was something official, and when we said yes, a whole crowd of people cheered their congratulations. It was definitely the perfect proposal for us!

No, we do not have a date set yet. The wedding will be held somewhere in NC sometime in 2012. Posts about the actual marathon and the rest of our visit to Boston will follow soon...

2 comments: