Sunday, April 3, 2011

2 weeks!!

That's it! 2 more weeks until Boston!! My training is officially done!! All that's left is taper time.

What's tapering? Tapering is when you cut back on your training leading up to a race, depending on the distance of the race depends on the length of the taper. For marathon training, the usual taper time is 2 weeks. It's important to taper leading up to a marathon in order for your body to recover from the hard training and to have fresh legs.

I'm definitely ready to taper. I've been training hard for the marathon for 12 weeks and I'm ready for a break. Even though tapering isn't a real break, I'll be cutting my weekly mileage by a lot. I plan to do about half of the mileage I did in my longest week, and that is break enough for my body.

I got to do my longest run with Josh this weekend! Whenever we do long runs in Baltimore, he always tells me that my routes are the toughest. Well, I'll be more prepared for Boston then!

Watch out Boston, here we come!
It's taper time! I can't wait to go to Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment