Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's a new year!

Happy New Year!! 2010 is over and 2011 is here!! It's is going to bring new challenges, lessons, memories, and so much more....just like any other year. The wonderful thing about New Years is that we look back at the year that was, and we look forward to the year that is just starting. We plan things and resolve to do better or do differently, but the New Year is always full of mystery. You never really know what it will bring.

Every year at New Years, I make a list of the things that I want to do during that year, kind of like a bucket list for that year. For my 2010 list, I had 16 things on my list. Out of the 16 things, I accomplished 10 of them (some things on my list I never got the chance to do).

I say that 2010 was a pretty great year. I accomplished a lot, learned a lot, and grew up a bit. I graduated from college, ran a marathon, qualified for the Boston marathon, got a jobby-job, moved to MD, and applied and got accepted to graduate school. I learned that I suck at keeping in touch with people (sorry), that I train/run really well by myself (but I still enjoy the company of others), that athletic training isn't really for me, that "no road is long with good company," and that not all family members will support you in your choices/decisions or what you do (the family members that do support you are the ones who matter).

My list of things to do in 2011
  • Pass the Board Of Certification exam
  • move back to NC
  • run 3:20:00 at the Boston Marathon
  • Qualify for the NYC marathon (and hopefully run in it)
  • go to the beach
  • go to the mountains
  • get a better job
  • pay off my student loan
  • save money
  • go to grad school
  • keep in touch with people better

I'm looking forward to what this year will bring, and I wish everyone the best in this new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment