Monday, January 17, 2011

The Visitor

This weekend, my boyfriend came and visited me in Baltimore! He had a 3-day weekend thanks to MLK day, but I still had to work. I had to work on Saturday and Sunday, but had MLK day off. On Saturday, I had to work a swim meet. On Sunday, I had to help work a basketball game. Lucky for me, he got to come with me to work (he helped out too).
    Other than work, we ran a long run together on Saturday, went out for sushi on Sunday, and did a track workout on Monday morning.  Saturday for our long run, we ran 10 miles. The 10 mile run was really nice. It was above 30 degrees, sunny, and not very windy. On the other hand, the track workout was not so nice. It was about 23 degrees, gloomy, the wind chill made it feel like 15 degrees, and the track we ran on was still partly covered in snow and ice.
    It was probably a little dangerous to be running on the track, but we did alright. Our times were a little slower, but we didn't fall. The track is at a high school about 2 miles from where I live, so we ran there as a warm-up and ran back to the house as a cool-down. For the workout, we did 3x1600m (1 mile) repeats with an 800m (.5 mile) jog between them, so the workout was a total of 4 miles. Total, we did 8 miles.
    It was so wonderful having my boyfriend here to run with this weekend. Track workouts and long runs are the worst to do by yourself (especially when it's cold), but lucky for me I got to do both with him. He's definitely my favorite training buddy.
running together in Feb 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment