Friday, May 6, 2011

More time means more races!

I've been taking time off from training since the Boston Marathon, and it's time to start getting back into it. Now that I've moved home, I have the freedom to do races whenever I want...I'm going to do just that. Working in Maryland, I rarely had weekends off, so I rarely did races.

Here's a list of the races I plan to do:
  • Bare Bones 5k, May 28th in Salisbury, NC
  • China Grove Main Street Challenge 5k, June 10th in China Grove, NC
  • Salisbury Parks and Recreation Greenway 5k, July 23rd in Salisbury, NC
  • Run to Victory Half marathon, September 24th in Randleman, NC
  • NC Marathon marathon, Nov 19th in High Point, NC

I might decide to do more than that, but this is my list for now. I hope to get a PR (personal record) in the half marathon and the full marathon. My PR in the half right now stands at 1:59:36 and my PR for a full is 3:37:32.

I will definitely PR in the half marathon. That PR is from the most miserable race I've ever done, and my very first one. I hadn't ran in over a week because of sickness, the temperature was literally freezing, and it was raining. I was miserable.

I have done 1 other half marathon, but I can't count that time as a PR because the course was 2 miles short!! My time was 1:17:27. If I had really ran that time, that's a 5:54/mile pace...and I know I can't do that. If the course had been the proper distance, I probably would have ran a 1:33:00 or faster. So, I know I can definitely break my PR in the half marathon in September.

As for the full marathon, I think it's kind of funny that I'm already registered for another one. It's only been 3 weeks since Boston and after finishing the Boston Marathon, I said to Josh, "Why did we do this? Why did we run another marathon?" And here I am registered for one in November. lol. Marathons take a lot out of you, but the fulfillment you have after finishing one is unreal. They're addicting.

I'm happy to be home, and I'm happy that I'll be able to run more races now!! Plus, I'll have my trusty side-kick, training partner, coach, and fiance all rolled into one person, Joshua, to run with more often!! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment