Wednesday, May 11, 2011

hot feet

Ever since I moved home, I've been suffering from what I call "hot feet."

My feet just feel uncomfortably hot, but normal temperature to the touch. I have a hard time falling asleep when my feet feel hot, and when I finally fall asleep, it's a light sleep and I wake up a lot too. If you know me well, you know I'm a hard sleeper. I can sleep through alarms, huge storms, and even people climbing over me like it's nothing. Not being able to sleep well is really frustrating.


 I've tried keeping my feet out from under the covers, having a fan pointed at my feet, cooling foot lotions,  and even running cold water over my feet. But nothing seems to work.

This isn't just a recent thing. I've been getting "hot feet" for years now, but usually I'll have it one night and it will go away. This is the first time I have had it consistently for about a week or so.

I know it's not athlete's foot because my feet aren't red, itchy, scaly, or cracking. I think that I might just need to buy new running shoes. I'm still wearing my asics that I trained for the Boston marathon in, and they have about 500 miles on them. Maybe once I get new shoes, the "hot feet" will stop.

my asics training shoes on the left

 Have you suffered from "hot feet" before? What helped you?

What are some things you think I could do until I get new shoes?
Any other ideas?

I just want to sleep well again!!!

1 comment:

  1. i bought some cool pads from coopers catalogue,they are pretty good,just put them by your feet,i wouldn,t be without them,also good for hot flushes,try them,Liz

    ReplyDelete