Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bad to the Bone

This past weekend, I raced in my first 5k in like 6 months. I registered on race day, so I didn't get a small T-shirt. I got a medium and it is ENORMOUS on me. I gave it to my mom to wear as a night shirt or whatever she wants.

The race I did is call Bare Bones because they put it together using as little money as they possibly can (It just makes me think of the song "bad to the bone"). They send all the money from the registration fees to relay for life or some other non-profit cancer organization. Anyway, the trophies were really cool because they were "recycled" trophies. They were trophies that had been used at other races and had been left over, so there were lots of different kinds of trophies given out.

my sweet trophy
I got 4th overall for women and won first in my age group (they gave out awards to the top 3 overall and then top 3 in each age group). My time was 20:44, which is better than I thought I would do! The girl who won ran it in 19:00. I think my age group trophy is way cooler than the overall trophies.

Oh and I finally bought some new running shoes! I got me some Mizuno's, but I like to call them mizunees. Next race (money permitting), will be on June 10th. Races are so expensive. I wish they were cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment