Wednesday, March 9, 2011

missing home

I enjoy living in Baltimore, but I miss home A LOT. What I miss most about home is being close to my family, my friends, running on the back country roads, and of course my boyfriend.

I'm going to take some time right now to give a shoutout to my brothers! To Matt for getting a jobby-job as a medical assistant, and to Mikey for taking responsibility, making mature decisions, and stuff! I'm so proud of you guys and I miss you!
Mikey, Mom, Me, and Matt
I miss my friends a lot. The only people I know here in Baltimore are the athletes I work with and my coworkers. It's against the rules to hang out with my athletes, so the only people I hang out with are my coworkers and housemates (who also happen to be some of my coworkers). I miss the random fun and the companionship from my friends from back home. I also feel like I'm missing out on everything with them too, considering that several of them have gotten engaged recently (Congrats!!!) and some are training for new things like a triatholon and even a full marathon (I wish I could train with them)!




Running in Baltimore is crazy. I never liked city running, but now I'm forced to do it just about every day. I miss the back country roads a lot where the only things you have to worry about are dogs and homeowners with shot guns (I've never experienced the people with shot guns, but I know people who have). I miss the freedom of being able to just go out and run pretty much wherever I wanted to run and not have to worry too much about it. There have been runs that I didn't plan, I got lost on purpose, and it was totally OK (those have been some of my favorite runs too). Now, I have to plan my runs to make sure that there's sidewalk, make sure it's in a good neighborhood, and watch out for the crazy Baltimore drivers. I've planned some runs here in Bmore where there ended up being no sidewalk for a section of it, and I was completely terrified that I was going to hit by a car. I've learned my lesson.

I miss this
And of course, I miss my boyfriend.


Here's to missing home, and looking forward to the next time I get to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment