Friday, March 4, 2011

the bad and the wonderful!!

WARNING: bloody pictures to follow. If you can't handle it, don't look. 

 
Something bad happened to me at the beginning of this week. I had an accident at work. I was in the storage room getting a walking boot for one of the women's basketball players. The boots are on the top shelf, so I climbed to reach it. I'm always really careful when I climb on the shelves, and Monday was no different. It just so happened that when I was climbing down from the shelves, my class ring got caught on the top shelf after I let go (they're wire shelves). The ring getting caught was a pretty violent action causing me to bang my right leg into another shelf, and my ring cut pretty deep into my finger. Lucky for me, I work in athletic training so I had plenty of first aid supplies readily available to me. My co-workers and I stopped the bleeding in my leg, cleaned it, and steri-stripped it (it was pretty deep too). We also cleaned my finger, but I had to go to the student health center to get the ring cut off because my finger swelled up very quickly (it had turned purple). I'm healing very well, and pretty quickly too.



Today, I found out some wonderul news. My grandparents who live in South Dakota will be traveling to Boston in April to see me run in the marathon!!!!!!! I'm so excited!! I don't get to see them very often, and I don't think they've ever seen me race!! They're going to see me race in the Boston Marathon!! I can't put into words how excited I am that they're going to see me run at Boston! I'm so blessed!

My Grandparents in June 2010 at their 50th wedding anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment