Monday, February 21, 2011

Runners Nipple

I got to do my long run in NC this weekend with my boyfriend and a couple of his running buddies. One of the guys got runners nipple. I thought it would be good to talk about runners nipple because most people don't talk about it.

What is runners nipple? Runners nipple is when the nipple becomes chafed and irritated.

bloody runners nipple

Luckily for me and all my lady runner friends, it's more common in males. Here are some common causes of runners nipple:

  • wearing a shirt that's too tight
  • wearing a cotton shirt because they soak up sweat, becoming heavy and rubbing against the nipple
  • running in the rain
The best way to prevent runners nipple is to wear band-aids on them! Nipples are sensitive, protect them!

3 comments:

  1. aaaacckkk, gross! I've never seen bloody runner's nipple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this would SUUUUCK soooo much thank goodness for sports bras!!!

    ReplyDelete