Sunday, February 13, 2011

doggy envy

I don't get jealous very easily, but today on my run I got jealous a lot. Why? Because I saw a bunch of people out running with their dogs. I want a dog to run with!

I read this article not too long ago, about a group called "Monster Milers". They go to animal shelters, and check a dog out to go for a run. It's such a great idea! The people get a 4-legged running partner! More importantly, the dogs get exercise, get interaction with people, and become more sociable making them more adoptable.

I'm not allowed to have pets where I live, so this would be a great idea for me! Unfortunately, I don't think there's a group like that where I live, and I also don't even know where any animal shelters are. I wish I could run with a doggy! Maybe one day, I'll start a program like that wherever I live....or I could just get my own dog!

2 comments:

  1. Maleah,

    You can borrow my dog Luke, he loves to run. Although I did take him out running one time and apparently I run "too slow" for his liking.

    but I think this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this... I cannot wait to have a dog to run with... so i looked up the monster milers apparently they are only in philly (dang philly and their great things like cheese steak, cheese cake and adoptable pooches to run with!)... hope you have an amazing week!

    http://www.themonstermilers.com/Site_2/Home.html

    ReplyDelete