Tuesday, December 21, 2010

First!

You gotta start somewhere, so here I go! This is my first blog ever. Hurrary!
Because this is my first one, and it's pretty close to the end of the year, I want to name a couple other things that I've done in 2010 that were firsts.

In January, I ran my very first marathon and I did it with my boyfriend (his first too). We both qualified for Boston, and we're going to run in the 2011 Boston Marathon in April (so excited!!). The marathon was in Mobile, Alabama, and it was also my first big road trip without family. It was a wonderful and exciting experience. It was absolutely freezing cold, but it was so worth it.

Running in the Mobile Marathon

In the spring, I graduated from college! That was exciting and sad at the same time. Exciting because I was finally finished with college! It was sad because the day after I finished my last final exam, my great grandma died. She was 94 yrs old and had been planning on coming to my graduation. After commencement was over, my family and I traveled to NH for her funeral. It was the first funeral I've attended for a family member.

In the summer, I traveled with my mom and stepdad to South Dakota to celebrate my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary. We drove. It was a 2-day trip from NC to SD. We were on the eastern side of SD, Mount Rushmore is on the western side. My grandparents moved to SD sometime while I was in high school I think, and we hadn't ever gone out there to visit. Celebrating their 50 yrs of marriage was wonderful.

In the fall, I moved to Maryland and started a jobby-job. It was terrifying. All I knew about Baltimore and where I was going to be working, I learned from the internet, so when I moved I felt like I didn't know anything. It was scary, but I think I've adjusted well. I am an athletic trainer at a small D1 school working with volleyball, swimming/diving, crew, and tennis. I'm overworked and underpaid, but I have great job satisfaction.

And now we've made it up to the NOW! I'm looking forward to celebrating Christmas and New Years with my boyfriend for the first time because last year, I was in Texas for Christmas and New Years. I'm very excited about it!
What are some of your firsts for 2010?

1 comment:

  1. hmmm.. in 2010 I ran my first official 1/2 marathon (and you were there to witness it :)
    I went to Niagra Falls for the first time
    I am living in an apartment for the first time (with my best friends and it is AWESOME
    My best friends mom passed away (it was the first person I felt like I really knew who passed)
    And I am in my longest romantic relationship (which for me isn't saying much but still I am so happy!)
    I am applying for seminaries/ Divinity Schools for the first time :p
    I am the President of SGA at Catawba
    I went camping at the Outer Banks for the First time
    I could do with seeing more of you Ms Cole
    this was fun thanks for making me remember all the awesome things 2010 held!

    ReplyDelete