Monday, September 26, 2011

Run, Forrest, Run

We've all seen Forrest Gump, right? We all know the part where Forrest is trying to run away from the bullies with his metal leg casts (or whatever they're called), he starts running, the casts break off, and he's able to run away while Jenny yells, "Run, Forrest, run!" Well, this particular part has caused many runners some grief. We've all heard people yell at us, "Run, Forrest, run" and what-not. If I had a dollar for every time someone has yelled this at me, I would have at least $500.

It is so annoying to me to have people yell at me while I'm running, I'm just talking about things related to the Forrest Gump movie. "Run, girl, run" or "run" or something along those lines. It really annoys me. If people yell, "run" at me, I usually yell back, "I am running, what are you doing?" If they yell, "Run, Forrest, run" to me, I usually yell back, "My name isn't Forrest, it's Maleah."

Honking is pretty obnoxious too. It really freaks me out when people honk at me. It's really loud, so it usually startles me. I'm pretty good about getting "into the zone" while I'm running. I don't think about anything, and I block everything out, and when someone honks......it just scares me.

Worse than yelling and honking is something that happened to me when I was in high school. When I got home and told my family the story, they thought it was really funny but I was really pissed off. I was out running close to home when this car pulled up beside me driving really slow and sprayed silly string in my face. I was so incredibly mad. It was obnoxious, rude, and why would anyone do that to a stranger?? I had no idea who were those guys were and they just pulled up next to me and shot me with silly string....grrrr. I was really, really mad, but everyone else thought it was funny.

Has anything like this happened to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment